Thursday, April 11, 2013

Why I Do the Things I Do: The Dining Room Staging.

Yesterday, we checked out the foyer staging. The dining room is the main room off the foyer and the first space you see upon entering.

Check out the Foyer 'after' picture.  The center panel of the table is removed to make the room appear larger.  I turned the table and chairs on an angle to make it more dynamic.  The clock was moved to the the adjacent wall.  I found some gorgeous botanical prints that were PERRRRRFECT!  The gold flecked frames complemented the brass chandy. The matting worked with the burgundy window swags with gold swirls.
Wondering why I didn't flank the window with each print?  Because #1 there is greater visual impact from the front door when the buyers enter, #2 placing one on each side is too predictable, #3 they make a stronger statement for MLS pictures and the virtual tour.
Here's a close up of the window swags. Remember we had the swirl-thing going on in the foyer--love me some continuity.
Here is the dining room 'before' picture.  The ornate wall sconce, centerpiece and antique mirror were removed. There were also dining chairs in corners that had to go.
I adore the green chest of drawers.  I moved it to the living room where it worked perfectly.
 
I made a centerpiece from a very cool ivory glass and brass urn. I added 3 small (live) asparagus ferns.  Living plants add life, energy and vitality to a space.  The round wooden plate I found at Pier 1.  See how perfectly it picks up the burgundy/gold swirls while anchoring the urn?  My intention was to give this elegant, formal dining room a bit more modern-edgy-appeal for our target market--a young contemporary family.
Again, we have the round-thing continuing from the foyer mirror/plate combo--round table, rug, and centerpiece.
Let's take another look at the 'after'.

So much fun that simple simple changes can make a difference!

Thanks again to all my followers!  I SO appreciate your comments.



11 comments:

  1. Details, details....all the difference in the world. I have found that the positioning of the chairs off "center" makes a world of difference in our space...as it does here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Patty, I am a details girl! I always turn a round table. Crazy big difference. Thanks always for supporting my work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, Linda. Do you have a "thing" for dining chairs in corners? I'm just wondering because I have a couple in corners - mostly to fill the corners till I get something else for there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a stager, I have a 'thing' about chairs in corners. We are selling square footage and it is important for the rooms to look as spacious as possible. I think it is fine to have chairs in corners for everyday living! Thanks for asking Heather.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am extremely inspired along with your writing skills as smartly as withh thhe format in your blog. Is that this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is uncommon tto see a great weblog like this onne these days. visit me back : pengobatan alami gagal jantung

    ReplyDelete