Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Window Valances = Shorty-Short Bangs

You know you are an interior designer/decorator when you look at shorty-short bangs 


and think they resemble window valances.

Adele's comment on yesterday's blog made me remember why I abhor a single tier of valances.
They remind me of shorty-short bangs.
Balloon Valance?
I don't like shorty-short bangs.
  I had shorty-short bangs when I was a wee lass.  But I didn't look adorable like this.

I my shorty-short bangs looked kinda like this.  (Damned pixie haircuts!)
Do you see the resemblance between shorty-short bangs and window valances?  Don't they have the   same-straight-across, off-balance, serving-no-purpose, fringe-for-nothing look?

Damaged from a childhood haircut trauma, I take out my frustrations on window valances....

(PS: The client called me back today and wanted to hire me to stage her house.  I passed.)

8 comments:

  1. That's so funny! I never saw them that way, but now it will be embedded in my mind.
    Good for you for standing firm with the client!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me--provoking thought on important subject like bangs! Thanks Heather.

      Delete
  2. I will have to check old family photos to be sure if that is the connection for me but I also do not care for valances. I haven't seen one in a while but I always thought of them as too short skirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, "Hi" Sami Pat! Welcome! I like your analogy about too short skirts--so true. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  3. Never liked short bangs! Never liked valances without drapery panels either....but never connected the two...funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have too many pictures of little Linda sporting shorty-short bangs. Glad it made you smile. It is fun when my readers get my weird sense of humor!

      Delete