Friday, May 2, 2014

FAQ: This House Isn't Selling. What's the Problem?

  Happy Friday, y'all.


I consulted on this house yesterday.  Check out this 'greeting' as soon as you walk through the front door.


What do you think?
The house is beautiful.
The furnishings are expensive.
The features are A+.
The finishes are A++.

"What's the problem?"  asks the realtor.
So, guess what I blurted out?  I mean really--I do need an Edit Button.  Sometimes the wrong words just tumble out of my mouth.  As soon as the last syllable was uttered, I winched waiting for an appalling reaction. 

The words I spilled forth were:

"It
     looks
                 like
                          the
                                  front
                                             parlor
                                                          of
                                                                 a
                                                                      Funeral Home. 

Funeral Home.  I compared a beautiful house to a Funeral Home.

Dang it, Linda! What is wrong with you?  Shut up!

Amazingly,  I still got the job.  Go figure.

1 comment:

  1. Of course you got the job! You said what he was probably thinking. My first thought was that there was no "life" here. I guess we were both right! It will sell with your cheery touches.
    By the way, if you haven't been receiving my blog postings it's because I changed to WordPress and LOST all my email subscribers. So you'll have to head over to the blog and resubscribe (if that's how you got new postings).
    Happy Weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete