Friday, November 2, 2012

Nix That Naked Foyer

  Here's the foyer of the house I recently staged. C'mon now, the foyer is the howdy-do space of the house.  An empty foyer is a mega mistake--a missed opportunity.  The goal is to set the tone for guests/perspective buyers as soon as they enter your house.  Staging a foyer doesn't need to be elaborate but it does need to be welcoming.  

Here is the BEFORE staging picture of the foyer. (The stagings of living room (left) and family room (end of the hallway) were featured in earlier postings).

I used a console table from the downstairs game room. (That's it next to the wall.) I saw potential. The home owner gave me the stink eye when I told them I wanted to use it in their foyer.

The table with its dark wood, tile insets, and SIZE is perfection! The dark stain is a great contrast to the hardwood floors.  A small Mica table lamp is oh-so-sweet on top. (The light reflects off of the  tiles and the lampshade is the same color as the tiles.) Accessories includes a mantel clock, hardback books, wrought iron Spaniel statue, and metal flower on a pedestal.  Above the table hangs a large contemporary flower print. It incorporates all the colors used in staging the first floor of the house. 

AFTER of Foyer - from front door entrance

AFTER of foyer as seen from family room

AFTER of Foyer - tabletop vignette


Voila!  The foyer is dressed and ready for company.


Happy Friday, y'all,

Linda



16 comments:

  1. I agree. Much better. Thanks for your comment on Julie and Danni's blog today. Glad to have a new blog to follow. Home staging is such a rewarding thing to do. Will be fun to see how creative you can get. Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mona. I was up until the wee hours devouring your blog last night--I'm definitely hooked. I am honored that you will follow me.

      Delete
  2. I don't think these home owners had a clue of the potential their house showed. Maybe it was just too large and grand for them to get a good feel for it. You should be proud of what you've done with this home - it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Heather, I run into this alot--young, very successful professional couples that decorate primarily for function. They a few good quality pieces but everything matches. Your compliments always make my day!

      Delete
  3. Great! Foyers....First impressions....We know how important that is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it Realtor Patty! I hope other sellers are listening...

      Delete
  4. What a difference a table makes in there! Empty entryways drive me nuts! I was trying to explain this to a friend the other day- that even if it's tiny, do something with it. It's the first room people see! You've really helped this house to shine- the homeowners probably aren't going to want to move now that they see how gorgeous it can be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny Brook. The realtor called me after the reveal and said 'they don't want to sell now'. But the sellers are already set to build a new house. It thrilled me that they felt that comfortable living with what I had installed in the house.

      Delete
  5. You make this look so easy Linda. I need to send you some pictures of my old house and get some of your thoughts.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. "old house"? Not the one you are living in now?

      Delete
  6. Love the stage work! It's amazing the tranformstions that occur! Thanks for popping by blog, we r hoping for power in jersey this week! We appreciate everyones good thoughts!! Thank you!
    :) Karolyn - the relished roost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so hope you get power soon Karolyn. Stay strong. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  7. I love your blog
    Love the stage work! It's amazing the tranformstions that occur you have a new follower from chile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following from Chile! That is exciting.I appreciate you following and commenting. You are very sweet with your compliments. Guess you can see I have 'an affection for staging'!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Ladies! I hope everyone is not sick of this house--I have a few more rooms to post.

      Delete