Monday, November 12, 2012

My $5 Weekend Makeovers

$5 NIGHT LIGHT
This little table is at the top of my upstairs landing.  As you can see, there are no electrical outlets.  It is kind of a black hole.

Isn't she pretty pretty?  A couple of years ago, I purchased her off of Craigslist.  The fret work and painted top make my heart sing.

This birdcage has been used in countless houses for staging.  It was purchased from a consignment shop.

.
A friend wanted to stop at Big Lots to pick up some Christmas Candles.  I bought one for $5. It is  battery operated and can be set on a timer.
 
I spray painted the candle bronze. I loaded it into my bird cage.  Then added vintage ceramic birds and 'nested' them in Spanish Moss. 

The finished product.
Oh, and I added a touch of ivy and a key with a small tassel.


Color me happy! A wee little light at the top of the stairs. Let there be light!

$5 FALL FLOWERS

You know I love me some grocery store flowers.  I got 3 stems for $4.99.  Two stems of mums and one of daisies.

I used an old vase and floral foam. The only trick with floral foam is to totally saturate it before you add flowers. Next, "green the vase'. I always use yard clippings, in this case azaleas greenery.  Cut the long flower stems down.  I was left with 2 clusters and many individual stems. Put the clusters in the center.  Then fill in the remainder of the arrangement with the other flowers.



I wrapped it in burlap and a bow.  Bada-Bing-Bada-Boom--only $5 for a cute arrangement!


Linda

11 comments:

  1. That is a pretty little table! And I love some warm light in an unexpected place.

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it, Kim? It was an estate piece that the kids didn't care for. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those candles you found at big lots....great for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They come with suction cups attached to anchor them on your window. No cords and timers make them easy peasy.

      Delete
  4. Love that table. I don't have a big lots near me....bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big Lots is kinda hit on miss on finds--like Craigslist. I was the first one to show up and look at that table.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE the Birdcage Night Light!!! You are sooo creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the Birdcage Night Light!!! You are sooo creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What creative projects! Love Birdcage Night Light. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete