Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bright, Cheery and Updated Makes Selling Easier!

For your house to show the best, it needs to be updated. Wallpaper must come down!  Wallpaper is very personality specific and usually doesn't transfer to a new owner's taste.  Also, dark wood trim is very passe.  Painting wood trim goes miles towards selling a house. Removing the droopy, dated valances allows in maximum light. The return on investment is huge!  Don't you agree that the white trim and light sage green paint make a world of difference?  Here are the after painting and staging pictures.



Linda Beam

Linda Beam

Here are the before shots. (Sorry I don't have the exact angles as above.) 


Linda Beam

Linda Beam


What do you think?  Worth the investment? (The seller loved the updates so much she didn't want to move!)

Later,

Linda

10 comments:

  1. What a difference! The only wallpaper I've seen in clients home is the wallpaper they take down. I haven't seen anyone in the last 10 years using wallpaper. I'm glad - I can't stand the stuff!

    Your room looks great and the green looks so clean and fresh. I bet if you took the chair rail down it would make the room look even larger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm... had not thought about removing the chair rail. Good idea! Maybe next time. Thanks Donna, for weighing in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a transformation! Love the magic you worked in this space. I always find the psychology behind selling/staging a home fascinating. Great job, Linda and thanks for stopping by my blog with your sweet comment (and the helpful tip)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Erin for stopping by and commenting. I enjoy reading your blog.

      Delete
  4. I love the change! It has made such a difference! Good luck on the sell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tiffany. I appreciate your comment!

      Delete
  5. What a change, the before images really do remind me of my first home-that we purchased in 1990! There are so many things we can do on the cheap to get an updated look even when staging for a sell isn't necessary-why not enjoy your home now instead of waiting until you're ready to sell to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Karen! I always advise owners to fix it now, enjoy, and then sell it. It breaks my heart to see sellers put the necessary money into updates that could have enjoyed while they were living in the house. Thanks so much for you insights and taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  6. They don't even look like the same rooms. The lightning even "pops" now with the new bright colors minus the wallpaper. AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet dear Karen! Thanks for your support on this! xx

      Delete