Monday, April 9, 2012

This Front Porch Rocks


In many Southern neighborhoods, folks hang out on their front porch.  Relaxing on the ole front porch could be a throw back to another era but some of us still love being up front center. 
AFTER STAGING - Linda Beam
Wouldn't you enjoy spending some leisurely time on this rocking chair porch?  This porch only needed a little TLC for great curb appeal. A bit of staging gave this porch the wee bit of warmth and appeal that would make anybody want to plop down and relax. (Mother Nature helped out by having the tree in full bloom.)

Do you see the red pillows on the rocking chairs? I love using red for staging.  Red pops on camera.  The red pillows, rocking chairs, round glass top accent tables with purple pansies make a delightful sitting area.

The large urn that was orignally next to the front door, was moved to the larger side of the porch.  A Rosemary plant was added texture and fragrance.  Also, notice that the window screens have been removed.  Screens hold dust and dirt.  I regularly recommend that screens be removed and stored for the next owner.  Always, always, always invest in a new door mat.  Nothing says 'welcome' to a potential buyer like a fresh door mat.


AFTER STAGING - Linda Beam
 
AFTER STAGING -Linda Beam


The 'before' pictures show a great house but it doesn't particulary draw you in.  It really is easy-peasy to stage a porch transformation.
 
Before - Linda Beam

Before - Linda Beam
Remember that your front porch is more than passage to inside. When you make it  inviting, you are enticing the potential buyer's curiosity about what they can look forward to inside. 

Don't overlook the added sales potential of an attractive front porch!






If you would like help staging your house for sale, please contact me.

Linda Beam

2 comments:

  1. I'm a fellow newbie blogger . . . AND your newest follower! I found you over at Simply Klassic Home where I was checking out her newbie series. Love the work you do. What an exciting job you have, being a stager. I would totally dig that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for following me Peg! I DO L-O-V-E my job. I wish everybody could be as happy in their work as I am. I appreciate your compliments about my work. I will check out your blog! Welcome to "An Affection for Staging"!

    ReplyDelete